Illinois is a Shall Issue to Residents and Non- Residents.
Permits Issued By
1. I am at least 21 years old
2. I have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card
3. I have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
4. I do not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
5. I am not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
6. I have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.
7. You may be eligible if you satisfy the above and no objections are filed by law enforcement. (Section 15)
8. 16 hours of Concealed Carry firearms training provided by an ISP approved Instructor.
Electronic Copy of my training certificate(s). You will be required to upload your electronic certificate during the application process.
9. An Illinois State Police User ID and Password
1. Electronic Copy of my training certificate
2. A Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card.
3. A valid FOID card unless in the process of getting a valid FOID card.
4. A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.
5. Be able to provide the last ten years of residency.
6. Fingerprints – Electronic fingerprints will expedite your application! Specify to the Live Scan vendor that your fingerprint application is for the Concealed Carry application (ORI = IL920707Z, Purpose Code = CCW).
Renewing your permit is easy simply log into your Illinois State Police account and follow the directions.