1. Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court. Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been met, and attach it to your application. PLEASE NOTE: Newspaper of selection must have a circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code. Be sure to use your whole name – no initials – and your home address.
2. Arrange to be fingerprinted. Fingerprinting by Appointment Only Appointments are ONLY Tuesday & Thursday noon to 6:30 p.m. You will be given the address of the Delaware State Police Troop to report to at the time you are given an appointment. For an appointment call: (302) 739-2528 or 1-800-464-4357 Payment by certified check, money order, business check, or credit card for exact amount only. No cash or personal checks accepted and picture ID required. Fingerprints must be taken within 30 days of filing application.
3. Have the reference questionnaires completed by five (5) citizens from the County in which you reside.
4. Complete the attached questionnaire and have it notarized. (The Prothonotary Office will notarize a document for a $1.00 fee)
5. Include two (2) 2 x 2 color passport-style photographs of the applicant, taken within the six-month period immediately preceding the filing of the application.
6. Include the statutory filing fee of $34.50. Cash, money order or personal check, made payable to the “PROTHONOTARY” will be accepted. (Credit cards are accepted in Kent County ONLY)
7. New applications may be filed at any time. You must file the original set and a complete copy of all the documents. (DUPLICATE COPY) You may hand deliver your application to the Prothonotary’s Office or, if all the requirements are met, mail to the Prothonotary Office in the County in which you are applying.
Following review of your application by the Attorney General’s Office and the Court, you will receive written notification as to whether your application has been denied or approved. If your application is approved, you must now complete an Approved Gun Course. For exact details of what the course must include see 11 Del. C. § 1441. Upon completion of the course please submit your Certificate – certified by the Instructor and notarized to the Court. Your new CCDW permit will be issued following receipt verification of the gun course.