Colorado is a Shall Issue to Residents State
Arizona is a Shall Issue State and issues concealed weapon permits to residents of Arizona as well as out-of-state/non-residents. Shall Issue means that the Arizona Department of Public Safety must issue you a permit even after meeting all requirements for an Arizona Handgun Permit.
Permits Issued By
You can apply to the sheriff of your home county, the sheriff of the county in which you own or rent real property to operate a business, or the sheriff of the county in which you currently hold a permit. View information packet.
- 1. Colorado resident
- 2. Age 21 or older
- 3. Not precluded by state or federal law from owning or possessing a firearm (e.g. felony conviction, mentally incompetent)
- 4. Does not chronically or habitually abuse alcohol
- 5. Is not an unlawful user of or addicted to controlled substances
- 6. Is not the subject of a civil or criminal restraining order
- 7. Complete background check, including fingerprint verification by FBI/CBI
- 8. Demonstrates competence with a handgun by one of the following means:
- a. evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competitions or current military service
- b. certified firearms instructor
- c. honorable discharge from the Armed Forces within past three yearss
- d. proof of pistol qualification in Armed Forces within past ten years, if discharged
- e. retired law enforcement with pistol qualification within past ten years
- f. proof of completion of a handgun training class within the past ten years
1. Completed application
2. Copy of your training certificate
3. Cop0y of your driver’s license
4. State ID Card or Passport photo
5. Application Fee
Permit may be renewed as early as 120 days before expiration or as late as six months after expiration. Renewal fee is $25; an additional late fee of $15 must be paid if the permit has expired.