Arkansas is a Shall Issue to Residents Only.
Permits Issued By
1. Resident of Arkansas
2. At least twenty-one (21) years old
3. A U.S. citizen
4. Satisfactorily completes an approved firearms safety program
5. Submits fingerprints and a fee determined by the Department of Public Safety
6. Does not fall into a class of person prohibited to possess a firearm, such as a convicted felon, adjudicated mental incompetent, or illegal alien.
7. The completed application and all required documents must be mailed to this office within six months from the date of training.
1. Original completed application
2. Fingerprint card
3. A signed release to ASP for the use of your DL/ID card photo on your CHCL.
The preferred method of renewing your Arkansas concealed handgun licenses is the online renewal form. You can also renew using their paper application. The instructions for the paper application can be found here.